Tallahassee, FL - The No. Florida State women’s basketball team is set to host UCF Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Donald L. Tucker Center.
The matchup between the Seminoles (8-1) and Knights (4-4) will then be followed by the FSU men’s basketball game against Stetson at 9 p.m.
FSU fans will be permitted to enter the women’s game with either a men’s or women’s ticket and if women’s fans would like to stay for the men’s game they will be allowed to do so.
Fans are also encouraged to bring toys to the game for the Toys For Tots initiative. Local members of the U.S. Marines will be on hand to accept the gift donations that will benefit children in the Big Bend area.
The in-state showdown between Florida State and UCF, which can be viewed online at Seminoles.com, will be the ’Noles’ last home game before their trip to the Northeast. The team will travel to New York City on Thursday before playing at Yale on Saturday at 7 p.m. and then at No. 1 UConn on Dec. 21 at 7 p.m.
• Florida State hosts UCF after it’s most impressive win of the year on Sunday; an 87-39 victory over Jacksonville State.
• Historically, FSU hasn’t had much trouble with UCF. The Seminoles are 14-2 all-time against the Knights and have won the last 10 consecutive meetings. Head coach Sue Semrau has never lost to UCF.
• FSU head coach Sue Semrau and UCF head coach Joi Williams both served as assistant coaches for the 2010 USA U18 National Team this summer at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship.
• The Seminoles continue to be a terrific rebounding team and currently boast a staggering +138 rebounding advantage through nine games, which is No. 4 in the nation.
• The Seminoles have had some turnover issues this year but that was not the case Sunday against Jacksonville State. FSU had a season-low 13 giveaways in the blowout win.
• The Knights come to Tallahassee on the heels of a loss at home to Middle Tennessee, 77-73.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.