Tallahassee, FL - The No. 14 Florida State women’s basketball team is set to open the 2011 Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament Friday night at 8 p.m. in Greensboro, NC.
As a No. 3 seed at the Greensboro Coliseum, the Seminoles (23-6) will take on the winner of the Thursday ballgame between Clemson and North Carolina. FSU’s game against either the Tigers or Tar Heels will air live online at the ACC’s website (http://www.theacc.com/allaccess/?media=233535).
Should the ’Noles win on Friday, they would then play Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The ACC Championship game is Sunday at 1 p.m.
• Courtney Ward enters the tournament tied for the most 3-pointers in school history with 198.
• With 998 career points, Cierra Bravard is just two shy of becoming the 25th player at FSU to reach 1,000.
• Florida State is 6-18 all-time in the ACC Tournament since 1992. Since Sue Semrau took over the program in 1997, the Seminoles are 5-14 overall in these games.
• FSU ended the regular season with its 11 conference win. The ’Noles have now gone over 10 league victories in three consecutive seasons, which is the first such streak in program history.
• The Seminoles are a combined 2-1 this year against their two potential opponents Friday night. FSU beat Clemson two times this season and lost once to North Carolina.
• In 24 total ACC Tournament games, FSU has only played against Clemson and North Carolina one time each. The Seminoles fell to the Tar Heels, 81-69, in 1992 and then lost to the Tigers, 85-68, in 1998.