TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The No. 14 Florida State women’s basketball team is looking to rebound after a home loss as it travels to play at Virginia Monday at 7 p.m.
The game will air live on Fox Sports South.
Despite falling to North Carolina this past Wednesday, FSU (18-5, 6-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) is still near the top of the league standings. The Seminoles are a perfect 4-0 on the road in conference games this season.
• FSU and Virginia have met 42 times since the 1990-91 season and the Cavaliers have a 30-12 advantage in the series. The Seminoles have won three straight in the series. Florida State is 10-14 all-time in Charlottesville, Va.
• Earlier this year both teams met in Tallahassee on Jan. 9 and Florida State earned a 61-51 win. In that game, sophomore forward Chelsea Davis had the best outing of her career. She finished the night ballgame with a career-best 18 points on 6-of-6 shooting from the field and 6-of-7 shooting from the free-throw line. Junior forward Cierra Bravard also poured in 14 points.
• A win Monday would mark the second time ever that FSU has won four straight over the Cavaliers.
• Last season against UVa, FSU earned a 68-50 win thanks to Chasity Clayton’s then-career-high 15 points. In a 59-58 win on the road later that season, Former FSU player Jacinta Monroe hit two free throws in the final seconds to preserve the victory.
• FSU returns home next and will face Georgia Tech on Friday. For the first time ever, the Seminoles will wear all pink uniforms in support of raising breast cancer awareness.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.