TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The No. 14 Florida State women’s basketball team is looking to rebound after a home loss as it travels to play at Virginia Monday at 7 p.m.
The game will air live on Fox Sports South.
Despite falling to North Carolina this past Wednesday, FSU (18-5, 6-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) is still near the top of the league standings. The Seminoles are a perfect 4-0 on the road in conference games this season.
• FSU and Virginia have met 42 times since the 1990-91 season and the Cavaliers have a 30-12 advantage in the series. The Seminoles have won three straight in the series. Florida State is 10-14 all-time in Charlottesville, Va.
• Earlier this year both teams met in Tallahassee on Jan. 9 and Florida State earned a 61-51 win. In that game, sophomore forward Chelsea Davis had the best outing of her career. She finished the night ballgame with a career-best 18 points on 6-of-6 shooting from the field and 6-of-7 shooting from the free-throw line. Junior forward Cierra Bravard also poured in 14 points.
• A win Monday would mark the second time ever that FSU has won four straight over the Cavaliers.
• Last season against UVa, FSU earned a 68-50 win thanks to Chasity Clayton’s then-career-high 15 points. In a 59-58 win on the road later that season, Former FSU player Jacinta Monroe hit two free throws in the final seconds to preserve the victory.
• FSU returns home next and will face Georgia Tech on Friday. For the first time ever, the Seminoles will wear all pink uniforms in support of raising breast cancer awareness.