Tallahassee, FL - The No. 16 Florida State women’s basketball team is set to play on the road at Littlejohn Coliseum Thursday night at 7 p.m. against Clemson.
The Seminoles (14-4, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) travel to South Carolina after an 87-70 home loss to No. 3 Duke last Friday. The Tigers (8-11, 1-3) are in the midst of a three-game ACC losing streak.
Friday’s game marks FSU’s second conference road contest of the young ACC slate.
• After the loss to No. 3/3 Duke on Friday, FSU is now 26-5 in regular-season ACC games over the past two-plus seasons.
• The Seminoles are 16-24 in the all-time series against Clemson but have had the Tigers’ number in recent years. After losing 21 straight to Clemson from 1992 to 2002, FSU has won 15 of the last 16 meetings, including four straight.
• FSU swept both meetings with the Tigers last season with scores of 80-50 and 67-50. That 30-point victory took place at Clemson and the ’Noles were led by former star Jacinta Monroe’s 18 points. Current players Courtney Ward (11 points), Leonor Rodriguez (11 points) and Alexa Deluzio (10 points) added double-digit scoring in the rout. In the 67-50 win in Tallahassee, Monroe once again led the scoring while current FSU forward Chasity Clayton posted 12 points.
• Like last year’s game at Clemson, Florida State travels to South Carolina on the heels of a loss. Last season, FSU fell to Miami, 78-70, before taking on the Tigers.
• Thursday night’s game will air live on Comcast Sports South. It marks the third consecutive game that the Seminoles will play on television.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.