Tallahassee, FL - The No. 19 Florida State women’s basketball team will begin its 2010-11 Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this Thursday at 7 p.m. when it travels to play at Virginia Tech.
The Seminoles (12-3) are riding a three-game winning streak after its first back-to-back losses in two seasons in late December.
FSU takes on a Hokies (9-5) team that recently defeated Vanderbilt before sustaining a tough setback to Charlotte in its last ballgame.
• Under head coach Sue Semrau, FSU is 8-5 in conference openers. The Seminoles are currently on a four-game winning streak in ACC openers, including victories over Virginia Tech during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons.
• FSU is 17-9 all-time against Virginia Tech, including a 7-5 record in games played in Blacksburg, Va. Seminoles coach Sue Semrau has never lost to the Hokies on the road.
• In last season’s lone meeting between the Seminoles and Hokies, FSU earned a 78-68 victory behind double-digit scoring from four different players. While Jacinta Monroe’s 20-point, 11-rebound double-double led the way, Alexa Deluzio 11, Courtney Ward had 14 and Cierra Bravard had 13 in what was FSU’s 23rd win of the year.
• Florida State enters the Virginia Tech on the heels of its most efficient game of the year. FSU turned the ball over a season-low eight times in the road win against Missouri on Sunday.
• Florida State returns home after the Virginia Tech and will take on Virginia on Jan. 9 and then Duke on Jan. 14. Both of those league games at home will be shown live on television.