Tallahassee, FL - The No. 19 Florida State women’s basketball team will begin its 2010-11 Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this Thursday at 7 p.m. when it travels to play at Virginia Tech.
The Seminoles (12-3) are riding a three-game winning streak after its first back-to-back losses in two seasons in late December.
FSU takes on a Hokies (9-5) team that recently defeated Vanderbilt before sustaining a tough setback to Charlotte in its last ballgame.
• Under head coach Sue Semrau, FSU is 8-5 in conference openers. The Seminoles are currently on a four-game winning streak in ACC openers, including victories over Virginia Tech during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons.
• FSU is 17-9 all-time against Virginia Tech, including a 7-5 record in games played in Blacksburg, Va. Seminoles coach Sue Semrau has never lost to the Hokies on the road.
• In last season’s lone meeting between the Seminoles and Hokies, FSU earned a 78-68 victory behind double-digit scoring from four different players. While Jacinta Monroe’s 20-point, 11-rebound double-double led the way, Alexa Deluzio 11, Courtney Ward had 14 and Cierra Bravard had 13 in what was FSU’s 23rd win of the year.
• Florida State enters the Virginia Tech on the heels of its most efficient game of the year. FSU turned the ball over a season-low eight times in the road win against Missouri on Sunday.
• Florida State returns home after the Virginia Tech and will take on Virginia on Jan. 9 and then Duke on Jan. 14. Both of those league games at home will be shown live on television.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.