TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The No. 19 Florida State women’s basketball will play its first home Atlantic Coast Conference game Sunday at 3 p.m. when Virginia comes to the Donald L. Tucker Center.
The game will air live on Fox Sports Florida with Tom Block and Robin Muller on the call.
The Seminoles (13-3) are coming off a league-opening win at Virginia Tech on Thursday while the Cavaliers (10-6) fell to Miami in their opener
• Florida State welcomes Virginia to Tallahassee after a lopsided 79-48 win over Virginia Tech in the ACC opener on Thursday night.
• Under head coach Sue Semrau, FSU is now 9-5 in conference openers. The Seminoles are also 9-4 in ACC home openers under Semrau.
• FSU is just 11-30 all-time against Virginia but the Seminoles are currently riding a two-game winning streak in the series. The Cavaliers did not lose to the ’Noles at all during the 1990s but recently that trend has started to change. FSU has won 11 of the last 21 meetings.
• Florida State picked up two wins over Virginia last season. FSU earned a 68-50 on Jan. 7 of last year thanks to Chasity Clayton’s then-career-high 15 points. Over a month later on Feb. 22, the Seminoles almost weren’t as lucky. Former FSU player Jacinta Monroe hit two free throws in the final seconds and the ’Noles came away with a 59-58 win on the road. Courtney Ward had a then-career-high 29 points in that game.
• Sunday’s game is the first televised women’s basketball game at the Donald L. Tucker Center this season. Florida State has played in just one other television game this year but will have nine more of its contests aired live this season.
• Florida State won’t play again until Friday when the Duke Blue Devils come to the Tallahassee for a 7 p.m. game.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.