For the fourth time in the last six days the Florida State football team put on full pads and scrimmaged in Doak Campbell Stadium. The last nine periods of the 28 period practice were spent in a full scrimmage. Both Marcus Sims and Alex Boston had big days for their respective units.
• The team began the practice working on special teams, specifically on field goals. Gary Cismesia was 3-for-3 during the special teams practice.
• In run drills Dakoda Watson recorded a tackle for loss, Jamaal Edwards had two nice runs and Joe Surratt had a very impressive run up the middle.
• One of the highlights of 1-on-1 was baseball star D'Vontrey Richardson connecting deep to Damon McDaniel.
• In pass skel Darius McClure and Jamie Robinson broke up passes for the defense. Dakoda Watson broke up a pass as well but the tip was hauled in for a TD by Preston Parker. Drew Wetaherford connected on touchdown passes to Joslin Shaw and De'Cody Fagg. Xavier Lee hit Greg Carr in the endzone on a ball Carr skied to pull in. Christian Ponder also had a TD as he hooked up with Preston Parker.
• In 11-on-11 Antone Smith ripped off two big runs, Edwards had a nice run shedding tackles and Alex Boston recorded a sack and forced a fumble on the same play. The only TD passes came from Weatherford who went to Shaw and Lee who connected with Carr. Tony Carter recorded a pass break-up, Budd Thacker had a sack, Dakoda Watson had a near sack and Anthony Kelly forced a quick pass on a QB hurry to avoid a sack.