News Release: Florida State University
The Coaches’ Trophy presented by Dr Pepper, which was awarded to Florida State on Monday night as the 2013 national college football champions, will be on display this weekend at two locations in Tallahassee, FL. Fans will be able to have a free on-line photo taken with the actual Waterford® Crystal football trophy won by the Seminoles at the Vizio BCS National Championship.
WHEN / WHERE:
Friday, January 10
Winn-Dixie store #86
111-39 S. Magnolia Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32301
2 – 6 p.m.
Saturday, January 11
Walmart store #1408
4400 West Tennessee
Tallahassee, FL 32304
9 a.m. – Noon
- This is the exact Coaches’ Trophy which was awarded on the field to Florida State as the winner of the Vizio BCS National Championship on Jan. 6, 2014 in Pasadena.
- Dr. Pepper is the presenting sponsor of The Coaches’ Trophy, and has partnered with Winn-Dixie and Walmart to host free fan photo opportunities in January.
- The ball that sits atop The Coaches’ Trophy is made of Waterford® Crystal. The trophy is valued at $30,000 and takes three months to produce.
- The Coaches’ Trophy is 34 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds. The ball alone weighs approximately eight pounds.
- Every year, a new trophy is made. Each winning school keeps The Coaches’ Trophy for permanent display on campus.
- Created in 1986, this is the 28th year the American Football Coaches Association has awarded the trophy to the national champion.