TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (seminoles.com) – Florida State will face VCU in the first round of the 2013 Puerto Rico Tip Off on Thursday, November 21 at 7:30 EST at the Roberto Clemente Coliseo in San Juan, Puerto Rico as the complete bracket, times and television designations for the event were released on Tuesday. The Seminoles will face the Rams for the first time since playing in the 2011 Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament.
The Seminoles’ game against the Rams will be nationally televised on ESPNU.
The tournament will be played over four days with each of the eight teams playing three games in Puerto Rico. The Seminoles will face VCU in the first round and either Long Beach State or 2013 national runner-up Michigan in the second round. The four teams on the other side of the bracket are Northeastern, Kansas State, Charlotte and Georgetown.
The tournament will be played Nov. 21, 22 and 24 with each of the 12 games played in Puerto Rico scheduled for television on ether ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPN3. Each of the three games the Seminoles will play in will be nationally televised.
The Seminoles won the championship of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic in 2012 with victories over BYU and Saint Joseph’s in games played at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The Seminoles also won the 2008 Global Sports Classic in Las Vegas, the 2009 Old Spice Classic in Orlando and the 2012 ACC Tournament.
Florida State, the third winningest program in the ACC since the start of the 2005-06 season, returns four starters for the upcoming season including All-American candidate Okaro White (#white4allamerican) who averages 12.4 points and 5.9 rebounds as a junior.
Junior Treveon Graham returns as VCU’s top scorer from last season as the 6-5 guard averaged 15.2 points a game while finish second on the team in rebounding (5.9 rpg). VCU led the nation last season in steals per game (11.7) and turnover margin (plus-8.0).
Thursday, November 21
· Game No. 1 - Northeastern vs. Kansas State, 11:30 a.m. AT, ESPNU
· Game No. 2 - Charlotte vs. Georgetown, 2 p.m. AT, ESPNU
· Game No. 3 - Long Beach State vs. Michigan, 6 p.m. AT, ESPN2
· Game No. 4 - Florida State vs. VCU, 8:30 p.m. AT, ESPNU
Friday, November 22
· Game No. 5 - Game 1 & 2 losers, 1 p.m. AT, ESPNU or ESPN3
· Game No. 6 - Game 1 & 2 winners, 3:30 p.m. AT, ESPN2 or ESPNU
· Game No. 7 - Game 3 & 4 winners, 6 p.m., AT, ESPN2 or ESPNU
· Game No. 8 - Game 3 & 4 losers, 8:30 p.m., AT, ESPNU
Sunday, November 24
· Game No. 9 - Game 5 & 8 losers, 12:30 p.m. AT, ESPN3
· Game No. 10 - Game 5 & 8 winners, 3:00 p.m. AT, ESPNU
· Game No. 11 - Game 6 & 7 losers, 5:30 p.m. AT, ESPN2
Game No. 12 - Game 6 & 7 winners, 8 p.m. AT, ESPN2 (Championship)