Make Your Own!
Thanksgiving is the ideal time to enliven your homes and beautify them. It is a time to enchant your visitors and guests with innovative and easy to make decorations.
Below are some creative ideas to help you make your own Thanksgiving decorations!
1. Cut cardboard into an easy shape to form the word 'autumn'.
2. Paint and twigs can be used to form letters; paste them on the cardboard.
3. Sew the alphabets in a string.
4. Hang it on the door.
1. Swirl a natural or artificial vine around a fat, ripe pumpkin to form an instant and attractive centerpiece.
2. Add silk ribbons and dried corn loops. This will help give a festive look to the dining table.
1. Take bundles of dried wheat and cut them in equal lengths.
2. Mix with dried cone sticks to form a beautiful bundle.
3. Tie the bundle with satin ribbons.
4. Let these bundles in either a wooden bowl or a crystal vase.
5. Can be used to decorate center or side table.
1. Take a silver candle holder and wrap it with silk ribbons in different colours.
2. Take a plate and cover it with small dried cones and leaves.
3. Set the candle holder in the center of the decorated plate.
4. Sprinkle dried cranberries around the candle holder.
1. Create a template by cutting a 4-inch flower/square out of cardboard. Cover it with a piece of coloured glazed paper.
2. Take a ball of clay and use a rolling pin to flatten it to 1/4-inch thickness for each coaster
3. Arrange a pattern of leaves or pine needles atop the clay and gently press them into the clay with the rolling pin, leaving distinct but fairly shallow impressions.
4. Colour the clay leaves so formed with silver/gold paint;let it dry.
5. Add a coat of varnish to add lustre to the leaves or pine needles.
6. Stick them on the sides of the glazed cardboard.
7. Home-made coasters are ready to use.
Courtesy of: www.thanksgiving-day.org