Selected Community Events
Bowl for Kids' Sake 2013
Apr 27, 2013 10:00 am - 7:30 pm
Crenshaw Lanes, FSU Student Union
What is Bowl for Kids' Sake?
Bowl for Kids' Sake is a fun and easy way to help Big Brothers Big Sisters. Whether you bowl or make a donation, you will make a positive, long-lasting impact on children in our community.
Calling all individuals who want to help children facing adversity achieve success:
• Individuals & friends
• Greek organizations
• Faith communities
• Civic groups, clubs & associations
• Workplaces of all kinds (businesses, schools, civil service, etc.)
It's not really about bowling. Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend is a donor-supported, volunteer organization. Each year, we reach out to the community requesting help to fund the creation and support of 350+ mentoring relationships benefiting youth facing poverty, exposure to abuse, violence, drugs and crime, poor academic performance, or parental incarceration.
Thanks to the efforts of Bowl for Kids’ Sake participants—sponsors, team captains and individual bowlers, like YOU—we hope to raise $40,000 so that at-risk youth will beat the odds to:
• Graduate from High School
• Become the first child in their family to go to college
• Reject drugs and find a good peer group
• Resist pressure to become pregnant like her other friends
• Realize they are smart enough to read or do multiplication tables
• Learn they really are valuable and loved.
It’s EASY to start something...
• Sponsor: There are many attractive sponsorship benefits at levels ranging from $500-$5,000. Your workplace may even consider sponsoring your team.
• Become a Team Captain or Join a Team: Recruit 5-6 individuals and raise $100 each (team goal at least $500-$600) by collecting online and cash donations or join someone else’s team. Get creative by holding an online garage sale on craigslist.com, have a bake sale or simply send out an eAppeal.
• Be a Virtual Bowler: You don’t have to bowl to ask your friends, family, and coworkers to make small contributions to a cause you care about. Set your personal fundraising goal and use our easy online tool to blast emails far and wide. It is amazing how fast $10 donations add up!
We anticipate hosting more than 300 bowlers and volunteers who will have helped us raise over $40,000 for our mentoring programs. With this suppport we will be better positioned to meet our goal to provide 350+ children facing adversity with caring mentors who will be able to help them develop higher aspirations and greater confidence, improve their relationships, avoid risky behaviors and achieve educational success.
Ultimately, with your help as SPONSORS, TEAM CAPTAINS and INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISERS you provide brighter futures to children facing adversity throughout the Big Bend. With your help, the children we serve will achieve success in life and will then make their own contributions to better schools, a strengthened workforce and stronger communities for all.
Evan Krueger, Fundraising Events Specialist