105 DEGREES! Tallahassee Sets New All-Time Record High

By: National Weather Service / Mike McCall
By: National Weather Service / Mike McCall

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
327 PM EDT WED JUN 15 2011

...NEW ALL-TIME RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET FOR TALLAHASSEE...

AT 307 PM EDT...THE TALLAHASSEE REGIONAL AIRPORT RECORDED A HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 105 DEGREES. THIS TEMPERATURE BREAKS THE PREVIOUS ALL-TIME HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR TALLAHASSEE...WHICH WAS 104 DEGREES SET MOST RECENTLY ON JUNE 20TH 1933. THE PERIOD OF RECORD FOR TALLAHASSEE DATES BACK TO 1892.

NEEDLESS TO SAY...THIS ALSO ESTABLISHES A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR THIS DATE...JUNE 15TH.

TEMPERATURES MAY CLIMB FURTHER THIS AFTERNOON...AND IF THE TEMPERATURE EXCEEDS THE NEW ALL TIME RECORD OF 105...THIS RECORD EVENT REPORT WILL BE UPDATED.

$$

GODSEY

• by Joyce Location: Buford, Ga on Jun 16, 2011 at 02:16 PM
    And my husband wants to move back to Florida...it is hot enough in the Atlanta area for me...I don't think he will ever talk me into moving any further south then we are right not....105...holy moly....
  • by Paul on Jun 16, 2011 at 07:36 AM
    Over the years it has gotten hotter in Tallahassee. For many years, 95 to 98 was as hot as it got. I think it was three years ago that highs hit 100 to 102 every day for 2 weeks. I thought that would be as bad as it could get. Wrong ! Everybody agrees global warming is real. The question is if it is a natural long term cycle or man made. I'm looking forward to owning beachfront property either way.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 16, 2011 at 06:02 AM
    I have never seen or felt hail as bad as yesterday.
  • by North Location: Perry Fl on Jun 16, 2011 at 04:35 AM
    I just moved here from Maine The person I was dealing with said it never got over 90 and below 55.
      by Dr Truth on Jun 16, 2011 at 06:11 AM in reply to North
      Whoever told you that was either a moron or a liar - most likely both. Probably a real estate person, right? Then it's both ...
      by Anonymous on Jun 16, 2011 at 06:51 AM in reply to North
      You must have moved to the wrong place. Definitely not here. Last summer we had a night when the heat index was 100F at midnight.
      by Anonymous on Jun 16, 2011 at 07:47 AM in reply to North
      OMG!!! That is such a lie. High nineties all summer and mostly 30 degree nights in the winter. From there we get into the extremes like 105 in the summer and 18 in the winter. You just gotta get tougher.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 08:19 PM
    But it was not too hot to hail!
      by Hail on Jun 16, 2011 at 05:57 AM in reply to
      First hail I have seen in many years.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 06:48 PM
    There has been a definate change in our weather cycle. We had a short spring (2 weeks) and its has been like summer since the end of April. I had 101 F.two days last week and 101F.again today on my back porch in the shade. Suwannee Water Management is reporting that 92 monitor wells have lost 15% water level and the river has hit a low level that breaks a 1909 record at White Springs. Enforcement is said to be in place for homeowners and business on water useage violations but no mention of farmer`s irrigation pivots that pump 400,000 gallons in 24 hours for each one.
      by Anonymous on Jun 16, 2011 at 12:31 PM in reply to
      or Nestle's wanting to take what little water we have for free and make a ton of money from the sales. bunch of thieves.
  • by phil Location: tallahassee on Jun 15, 2011 at 05:41 PM
    thank god it rained this afternoon to cool it off and give us much needed rain. It waas nice watching the storm build.
      by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 06:32 PM in reply to phil
      yes it was! I love thunder and lightning
      by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 07:16 PM in reply to phil
      yes. it cooled down to 75.
  • by Joanne Middour Location: Jasper, FL on Jun 15, 2011 at 04:23 PM
    Not surprising! At about 3pm over here (in Hamilton CO, but right next to Madison & Suwannee CO lines) my thermometer read 109.3 degrees & the sensor is in the shade. It was definately a HHHHHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT one today!
  • by steamy on Jun 15, 2011 at 03:54 PM
    hotter than two rats makin love in a black wool sock in an oven
      by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 06:47 PM in reply to steamy
      The were talking about Florida, not the back woods of Alabama.
        by SH88 on Jun 16, 2011 at 07:19 AM in reply to
        I believe one the rats was yo momma.
      by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2011 at 07:16 PM in reply to steamy
      now that was funny. hahaha
        by Steve Marietta, Ga. on Jun 16, 2011 at 05:20 AM in reply to
        Excuse me please, I have something in the oven...
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123943144 - wctv.tv/a?a=123943144