Fire at Barnes and Noble on Monroe

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

TALLAHASSEE, FL - A local Barnes and Noble was evacuated after a fire caused heavy smoke to spread throughout the store.

Crews with the Tallahassee Fire Department say the call came in around 10:30 this morning.

When they arrived, they found smoke inside the book store, located at the Tallahassee Mall on Monroe Street.

Fire officials say there was also smoke coming from the roof which made them believe the cause of fire could've been be related to the venting system. Damages to the building are minor.

As of 11:15AM, officials are still clearing out the building, but said they hoped to be cleared for reopen within an hour.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSWG TV 107 2nd Ave S.W. Moultrie Ga. 31768
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 203913471 - wctv.tv/a?a=203913471
Gray Television, Inc.