Local Man Loses Everything After Fire Destroys Only House He Ever Owned

By: Eames Yates
January 30, 2013

Valdosta, GA - William Moore said "I guess the Lord got a bigger plan. That's all I can think of. I really was hurt."

His pain comes from losing his home full of memories on Saturday morning. It's still unclear how Moore's house caught fire. What is clear is the history he had with it.

Moore said "I moved over here in about '87. And it's the only house I've ever lived in besides my momma's house."

His nephew Rahim Rashad said "we had many dinners over here. Thanksgiving, July fourth, holidays and you know there's a lot of memories here."

Moore raised his two children in this house. It was the only one he'd ever owned. It was also his business: Moore's Home Improvement. The garage was his office and his shop where he made a living.

Moore went on to say "this is where I kept my tools right in here. And I lost basically all of my tools. My air compressor sitting there, a bucket full of hand tools. I don't think I'm going to be able to salvage anything."

A fund has been set up for Mr. Moore. You can contribute by contacting the Farmers and Merchants bank and donating to the William Moore Fund. The number to the bank is (229) 247-4585


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSWG TV 107 2nd Ave S.W. Moultrie Ga. 31768
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 189079401 - wctv.tv/a?a=189079401
Gray Television, Inc.