Boy sets mattress on fire at Port Orange home

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) --
A 3-year-old boy set a mattress on fire, causing serious damage to his great-grandparents' Port Orange
mobile home.

Port Orange Fire Rescue reports that firefighters responded to
the home early Tuesday morning. It took them about 20 minutes to
put the flames out.

Authorities say the boy had been playing with a lighter. His
great-grandparents were injured while trying to put the fire out.
They were taken to a nearby hospital.

Reports show the Department of Children and Families had
investigated the boy in the past for incidents with fire. 1/4

Damage was estimated at about $50,000. the state fire marshal is
investigating.


WSWG TV 107 2nd Ave S.W. Moultrie Ga. 31768
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 97465904 - wctv.tv/a?a=97465904
Gray Television, Inc.