Fireworks Lead To House Fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

ORANGE PARK, Fla. (AP) -- Holiday fireworks sparked a house fire
in north Florida.

Clay County Fire Rescue reports that firefighters responded to
the Orange Park home Saturday. Flames were coming out of the roof
and spreading through the attic. The fire was under control after
about 15 minutes, but much of the attic was damaged.

Officials say the fire started after the homeowner put used
fireworks inside a trash can, causing the house's eaves and an
adjacent wood fence to ignite.

No injuries were reported


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSWG TV 107 2nd Ave S.W. Moultrie Ga. 31768
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 97789514 - wctv.tv/a?a=97789514
Gray Television, Inc.