- Those orange barrels lining Carpenter Road are a sign that construction is starting on the long-awaited $10.1 million Georgia Department of Transportation widening and reconstruction project.
- Criminal Justice Program Coordinator Dr. Lisa Williams represented Wiregrass Georgia Technical College as 40 Technical College instructors from throughout Georgia gathered for the first Georgia Master Teacher Experience.
- Georgia Department of Transportation traffic signal technicians plan to install a new signal Wednesday at U.S. 41/state Route 7 and SR 122 in Hahira that will make turning easier and safer.
- More than 1,100 Florida parents of students with significant special needs including autism, Down syndrome and cerebral palsy have begun applications for a new type of K-12 scholarship that allows them to individualize their child’s education.
- Attorney General Pam Bondi today announced that House of Representatives Speaker Will Weatherford has appointed Representative Jeanette Nunez to the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking.
- Pamela C. Marsh, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Florida, announced today that nine individuals have been sentenced in federal court in the past two months for filing false claims with the Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) related to the 2010 BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.