Aviation Director's Broiled Fish & Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Broiled Fish Ingredients:
1 lbs. of any firm fish fillets (cut into 2-3-inch pieces)
1 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1/2 habanero pepper chopped
1/2 tsp. tupelo honey
1/4 tsp. turmeric
4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup vinegar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
• Blend together pepper, ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt, coriander, cumin, cayenne, turmeric and oil in the blender to form an emulsified marinade.
• Cut the fish fillet(s) into 2 inch cubes and marinate the fish pieces in the paste using a Ziploc bag for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator.
• Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees and when heated turn broiler to high
• Place the marinated fish pieces on the foil covered broiler tray and place in the middle shelf.
• Broil for about 8-10 minutes constantly checking to prevent burning as time varies with fish and size -then turn over with tongs and broil until done.
Serve as a finger food with toothpicks and cilantro dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
• Coriander (Cilantro) leaves – 1 bunch washed with stems and all
• Habanero Pepper – 1/2 tsp. chopped
• Garlic – 2 cloves
• Ginger - 1 inch peeled
• Lime juice – 1 lime
• Oil – 1 teaspoon
• Salt – to taste
Blend until smooth