Serving per recipe: 7
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained, liquid reserved
½ cup butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/8 cups chicken broth or stock
1 ½ cups evaporated milk
2 tablespoons of cooking sherry
4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
4 ounces chopped pimento
1 cup packaged frozen baby peas, slightly thawed.
1. Cook and stir drained mushrooms in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in chicken broth, evaporated milk , cooking sherry and reserved mushroom liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
4. Stir in peas, chicken and pimiento. Heat through.
5. Serve over rice, noodles, toasted pointed, puff pastry shells or waffles.