1 lb ground chicken
· 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
· 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (small handful)
· 1 inch knob fresh ginger
· 1/4 of a large yellow onion,
· 3 tsp garam masala
· 1 1/4 tsp salt
· 1 egg, lightly beaten
· 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
· buns for serving
1. Place the seeded jalapeno, cilantro, ginger and onion in the bowl of a small food processor and pulse till finely minced. Alternatively, you could mince everything by hand.
2. Add the ground chicken, egg, panko, salt and garam masala to the vegetable mixture and mix well to combine.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat on the stove. Form patties out of the meat mixture and place in the skillet. Cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
4. Serve chicken burgers on toasted whole grain buns with condiments, cheese – whatever you’d like!
Time: 15 minutes