Hook and Ladder Chicken Spaghetti
From Lt. Jennifer King, Tallahassee Fire Department
8 oz. angel hair pasta
2 TBSP butter
2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed OR 1 large rotisserie chicken, picked down
4 oz. pimiento
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced green pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. black pepper (or to taste)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz.)
1 can chicken broth (14 oz.)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 TBSP butter to dot on top
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2) Cook spaghetti according to directions (don't over-cook!)
3) Saute diced onion, pepper, celery and garlic in butter.
4) In a large bowl, mix together sauteed vegetables, parmesan, chicken, pimientos, seasonings, chicken soup and chicken broth. When well mixed, gently fold in spaghetti until well mixed.
5) Grease or spray 2 qt. baking dish. Spread mixture into it.
6) Mix together the cheddar and panko, sprinkle evenly over top of casserole. Dot with butter and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden.
Serve with a nice salad for a wonderfully satisfying meal!