4 sweet potatoes
2 cups Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pecans, chopped and roasted
1. Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Bake at 425° for 1 hour or until tender or pierce potatoes all over with a fork and place on a microwavable plate.
3. Microwave on high until tender, 12 to 14 minutes, turning once.
4. Combine apples and orange juice.
5. Melt margarine in medium skillet.
6. Add apples and sauté until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cranberries.
8. Cook over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and add extract.
10. Top each sweet potato evenly with apple mixture (about 1/3 cup) and ½ tablespoon of pecans.
Yield: 4 servings 250 calories; 6 grams fat