- Two slices of sourdough or any other artisan bread.
- shaved prosciutto (bacon makes a good substitute as well)
- goat cheese
- pepper jack
- strawberry preserves
1. Lightly butter one side of the bread slices.
2. Spread a layer of strawberry preserves on one slice.
3. Then add a layer of goat cheese.
4. Place a few pieces of the shaved prosciutto on next.
5. Finally add on the pepper jack.
6. Place the sandwich in a preheated pan or skillet at medium-low temperature. You want to flip the sandwich once it is toasted on the first side. It helps to place a lid over the pan and to also cut the sandwich in half with a spatula after you flip it.
7. Let the sandwich rest a minute or two once it is toasted and all of the cheese has melted.
8. Prepare to drift off into culinary bliss.