Chevre-Stuffed Roasted Peaches with Hot Honey
Chef Levi Newsome from the Publix Aprons Cooking School joined WCTV at Noon to showcase this recipe.
- 1 lemon, for zest/juice
- 8 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, halved & pitted
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- Parchment paper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Zest lemon (2 teaspoons), squeeze for juice (2 tablespoons). Combine in medium bowl: goat cheese, buttermilk, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, basil, chives, salt, and white pepper until blended.
2. Scoop out about 1/2-inch of peach flesh from each peach half. Divide goat cheese mixture into each peach center. Wrap each peach half in 1 slice prosciutto. Arrange peaches on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Roast 15–20 minutes until prosciutto is crisp.
3. To serve, drizzle with hot honey and sprinkle with thyme.
Copyright 2020 WCTV. All rights reserved.