N.Y. Strip topped with Red Onion Jam
Published: Oct. 9, 2020 at 1:45 PM EDT
Chef Douglas Sutton showcased this recipe on the WCTV set.
- 1 medium size red onion, small slice 8oz
- 1 tpsp vegetable oil
- 2.5 oz honey
- 2.5 oz red wine
- 1.5 oz red wine vinegar
- Salt as needed
- White ground pepper as needed
- Two 8 oz N.Y. Strips, cooked to your liking.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Sweat the onions.
- Stir in the honey; cook the mixture until slightly caramelized.
- Add the wine and vinegar; reduce over low heat until the liquid is almost completely cooked away.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Cool and transfer to a clean storage container. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Copyright 2020 WCTV. All rights reserved.