Advertisement

With positive cases reported, Hamilton says Seminoles have been preparing for temporary shutdown

Published: Jan. 4, 2021 at 5:39 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - The new year began with some bad news for the Florida State men’s and women’s basketball teams: Both programs have effectively shutdown following positive COVID-19 cases inside of both camps.

News of positive cases inside the men’s team came late New Years day when the ACC announced Saturday’s previously scheduled game against Duke was postponed due to positive cases inside of FSU’s program.

On Sunday, FSU’s next game, a scheduled tilt against Syracuse on Wednesday, was also postponed, as well as the FSU women’s games for this past Sunday and this coming Thursday and Sunday have been postponed as well, also due to positive COVID-19 cases.

Monday, FSU men’s head basketball coach Leonard Hamilton says his team has stayed prepared since before the season began for this potential situation.

“If we miss something or get behind in something, we’re just trying to be patient and working ourselves through it,” Hamilton said. “This is a different year for all of us and we just want to get through the year without anything or any negative stuff happening and hopefully we’re doing that.”

The FSU men’s next scheduled contest, according to Seminoles.com, is set for Saturday, January 9 against Pitt.

Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.