2021 severe weather preparedness week
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Monday not only brings in a new month, but also a new edition of Florida and Georgia’s Severe Weather Awareness/Preparedness Week. Both states are kicking off the annual week at the same time and will come to an end on February 5th.
Below, you can find a complete list of day-by-day events and topics.
Click HERE for a link to the State’s SERT website.
- Monday: Lightning safety
- Tuesday: Marine hazards/rip currents
- Wednesday: Thunderstorms/tornadoes (statewide tornado drill @ 10 am)
- Thurs: Hurricanes & flooding
- Friday: Temperature extremes and wildfires
Also happening on February 3rd, National Weather Service offices in the Sunshine State will issue a practice tornado warning over the NOAA Alert Radio Network at 10 a.m. This will show up as a “routine weekly test” message.
Click HERE to learn more information about Georgia’s Severe Weather Preparedness Week.
- Monday: Family preparedness
- Tuesday: Thunderstorm safety
- Wed: Tornado safety (statewide tornado drill @ 9 am)
- Thurs: Lightning safety
- Friday: Flooding
Also happening on February 3rd, National Weather Service offices in the Peach State will issue a test warning message over the NOAA Alert Radio Network at 9 a.m.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.