Gadsden Co. American Rescue grant application process now open
GADSDEN COUNTY, Fla. (WCTV) - The grant application process to receive funding from the Gadsden County American Rescue Plan has opened, the Gadsden County Board of County Commissioners announced in a press release.
Gadsden County will be receiving more than $8 million in COVID-19 relief funds from the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan. This funding is available to churches and nonprofits that experienced either loss of revenue or additional costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All Gadsden Rescue grants will be provided on a “first qualified, first-served” basis, according to the press release, and these programs will be presented during workshops and presentations over the next three months.
The program grants are as follows:
- The Food Card Program — will assist Gadsden County citizens who have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or its direct or indirect effects; and who are not otherwise eligible to receive food assistance through State-run programs (due to their income exceeding the allowable dollar threshold), but still experiencing food scarcity in their residence. Food cards provided will be based on the number of residents living in the applying household. These cards will be purchased from Food Stores in Gadsden County.
- The Small Business Assistance Program — will assist Gadsden County local small businesses with less restraint than the CARES Program guidelines. This program will assist Gadsden County small businesses that have experienced a loss of revenue or increased expenditures due to COVID-19; and the pandemic’s economic impact on the community. A qualifying business can be a home-based business or a brick-and-mortar type business. With the focus on small businesses, the applicant must have less than 100 employees and not be a publicly-traded company or its subsidiary.
- The nonprofit Organization (NPO) Assistance Program — will assist nonprofit organizations located in Gadsden County. The NPO must demonstrate that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic adversely affected the NPO’s delivery of the goods, services, and/or programs it provides to the Gadsden County community. Funding will be available for those NPOs that aided in the testing, vaccination, and other ancillary activities associated with COVID-19; who are not registered/operate as a nonprofit “healthcare” provider.
- The Non-Profit Healthcare Organization (NPHO) Assistance Program — will assist NPHOs in Gadsden County that COVID-19 has impacted. All NPHOs that apply will have had to provide the following services within the healthcare community: medical, food, educational, or childcare services.
- The Gadsden County Church/Religious Organization Assistance Program — will assist many churches and religious organizations in Gadsden that have been financially impacted by COVID 19—either in loss of revenue or additional costs.
Gadsden County residents wishing to apply for a grant can do so by clicking here, or by obtaining a paper application at the Butler Government Building located at 9 East Jefferson Street.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.