Grilled Sea Scallops with Sweet Corn Succotash
Makes 4 servings
- 16 large sea scallops
- 3 fresh ears corn
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 cup baby lima beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
1. Thaw scallops if needed. Remove corn husks and silks; slice kernels of cobs (2 3 cups) into a medium bowl. Scrape cobs with back of knife to release juices. Dice bell peppers and jalapeño (remove seeds and membranes if desired). Dice shallots; chop chives. Drain beans.
2. Coat scallops with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and season with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Preheat large sauté pan over high. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, shallots, bell and jalapeño peppers; sauté 3 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, blackening seasoning, half-and-half, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and chives.
3. Preheat grill pan on medium-high 4-5 minutes. Grill scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side until opaque. Serve scallops over succotash.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.