Petition seeks to change Stadium Drive to Bobby Bowden Boulevard
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - A petition recently launched on Change.org wants to see Stadium Drive’s name changed to Bobby Bowden Boulevard in honor of the legendary Florida State University football coach.
Doak Campbell Stadium, or the house that Bobby built, is located at 403 Stadium Drive on the west side of FSU’s campus. As of Thursday morning, 1,199 people had signed the petition.
“This is so obvious I hope it would be done without need for petition,” one petition signer wrote on Change.org. “Please do this for all he did for so many!”
Another person who signed the petition commented “this is the only way to honor him.”
MORE BOWDEN CONTENT:
- Remembering Bobby Bowden Special Report
- Bobby Bowden coached thousands of players. Hundreds showed up for his funeral.
- ‘He got us on the same page’: Former FSU defensive coordinator says Bowden’s accountability standard is what gave Seminoles edge
- ‘I owe that man everything’: Tallahassee high school coaching great thankful for Bowden’s impact, influence
- Faith, Family, Football: Bobby Bowden’s virtues all on display in emotional funeral service
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.