JT Burnette reports to federal prison
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Tallahassee businessman JT Burnette reported to federal prison over the weekend to begin serving a three-year sentence in a high-profile public corruption scheme.
The Federal Bureau of Prisons inmate locator shows JT Burnette is being held at a minimum-security prison camp in Montgomery, Alabama. It shows a release date of August 7, 2024.
Burnette was ordered to report to prison by Jan. 23, after his attempts to remain free pending appeal were rejected by both the district and appeals courts.
Burnette was convicted in Aug. 2021 on five counts, including bribery and extortion, in the wake of an FBI investigation into public corruption in Tallahassee.
Burnette is the final defendant to report to prison in the case.
BOP records show former Tallahassee City Commissioner Scott Maddox is serving a five-year sentence at a federal prison camp in Talladega, Alabama, and associate Paige Carter-Smith is serving a two-year sentence at a federal prison in Marianna, Florida.
- JT Burnette sentenced to three years in prison in bribery scheme
- Burnette found guilty of extortion, 4 other counts in federal corruption case
- JT Burnette trial day 14: Closing statements complete, jury now deliberating
- Prosecution cross-examines JT Burnette in day 13 of corruption trial
- JT Burnette corruption trial resumes after 12-day hiatus
- JT Burnette trial delayed after juror tests positive for COVID-19
- JT Burnette testifies in trial, says DoubleTree deal was confidential
- Scott Maddox takes stand in JT Burnette trial
- Burnette Trial Day 7: Maddox questioned whether fake developers were FBI agents on Vegas trip
- Burnette trial day 6: Undercover FBI agent testimony continues, juror dismissed for sleeping
- Paige Carter-Smith and undercover FBI Agent ‘Mike Miller’ testify in Burnette trial
- Key witness testifies in JT Burnette corruption trial
- Gary Yordon testifies on 2nd day of JT Burnette trial
- ‘He was my mentor’: Burnette’s cousin testifies about million-dollar loans at trial
- Jury seated in JT Burnette trial
Copyright 2022 WCTV. All rights reserved.