Family that was victim of triple shooting on road to recovery
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - A family is trying to pick up the pieces following a shooting that eventually led to the death of a Tallahassee police officer.
Tyunna Cleveland, 19, is now back home less than a week after police say her father, Tyrone Cleveland, opened fire, shooting Tyunna, her sister and her mother.
Following the shooting, Tyrone tried to flee from law enforcement and ultimately crashed into and killed officer Christopher Fariello, according to the Tallahassee Police Department.
Tyunna said she’s staying strong for her mother, who will survive, but has a long recovery ahead.
Her sister is also expected to be OK.
Tyunna says her heart aches for officer Fariello’s family.
”I wasn’t even worried about myself,” she said.
“I was crying about what happened, because not only did we go through something traumatic, somebody else did and they actually lost someone. So I want to say thank you to them for being strong and actually helping us, because it was a lot.”
Tyunna’s aunt has set up a GoFundMe to help support the Cleveland family as they continue to heal.
- Triple shooting led to crash that killed TPD officer, suspect arrested
- Brother and uncle of Saplin Court shooting victims says he’s in disbelief
- Suspect in TPD officer’s death has history of domestic violence and drug charges
- Tributes pour in for Tallahassee police officer killed in the line of duty
- Funeral arrangements announced for fallen Tallahassee police officer
Copyright 2022 WCTV. All rights reserved.