Big Bend counties announce shelter openings ahead of Idalia
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Several Big Bend counties are opening emergency shelters as Idalia strengthens and moves closer to the Gulf Coast.
Taylor County SHELTER CLOSED
- Taylor County authorities will no longer have a shelter at the Taylor County Elementary School. Seek shelter in Leon County instead.
Suwannee County (Opening 12 p.m. 8/29):
General Population / Pet Friendly:
- Suwannee Pineview Elementary School: 1748 Ohio Avenue South Live Oak, FL 32064
- Branford Elementary School: 26801 SR 247 Branford, FL 32008
Special Needs (medically necessary):
- Suwannee Springcrest Elementary School: 1419 Walker Street SW Live Oak, FL 32064
Leon County (Opening 5 p.m. 8/29):
- Chiles High School: 7200 Lawton Chiles Ln, Tallahassee, FL 32312
- Lincoln High School: 3838 Trojan Trail, Tallahassee, FL 32311
- Rickards High School: 3013 Jim Lee Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Ft. Braden K-8 School: 15100 Blountstown Hwy, Tallahassee, FL 32310
- Sail High School: 2006 Jackson Bluff Road, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- Godby High School: 1717 W Tharpe Street, Tallahassee FL 32304
- Fairview Middle School: 3415 Zillah Street, Tallahassee FL 32305
Madison County (Opening 5 p.m. 8/29):
- Madison County Central School: 2093 US-90, Madison, FL 32340
- Lafayette County authorities will no longer have a shelter due to higher-than-expected winds.
Hamilton County (Opening 4 p.mm. 8/29):
- Hamilton County High School: 5683 US-129 Jasper, FL 32052
Have a news tip or see an error that needs correction? Write us here. Please include the article's headline in your message.
Keep up with all the biggest headlines on the WCTV News app. Click here to download it now.
Copyright 2023 WCTV. All rights reserved.