By: WCTV Eyewitness News
March 15, 2019
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- Drivers who are celebrating the St. Patrick's Day holiday weekend with alcohol are being reminded about AAA's 'Tow to Go' service, which aims to keep drunk drivers off the road.
AAA says St. Patrick’s Day is one of the deadliest holidays on U.S. roadways. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 234 people were killed in drunk-driving crashes during the St. Patrick’s Day holiday period from 2013-2017.
For drivers who did not plan ahead for a safe ride home, the Tow to Go program is available from Friday, March 15 through Monday, March 18 at 6 a.m.
Tow to Go, offered through a partnership with AAA and Budweiser, is available to both AAA members and non-members.
Tow to Go Phone Number:
• (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246.
Tow to Go Guidelines:
• Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles
• The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
• Free and available to AAA members and non-members
• Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
• Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions
• If you are hosting a party, please do so responsibly. Check out the Great Pretenders Party Guide from the Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation to learn more.
• Visit AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2019
AAA says since its inception in 1998, Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest.