Work and have fun in the Sunshine State!! WCTV, Gray Television’s market leading, award winning legacy CBS station in beautiful Tallahassee, FL has an immediate opening for a talented and experienced Account Executive to join our awesome sales team! Grow on air and digital revenue for the #1 television station and #1 local website WCTV.tv in a family friendly area close to our spectacular Gulf Coast beaches and all that Florida has to offer!
Does your checklist include the following?
- Work with the #1 news and online broadcast station in the market
- Become part of the Gray Television family (the third largest broadcast TV group in the country)
- Work with an experienced team of Account Executives that kill it in new business
- Work with sales managers that have over 100 years of combined experience
- Access to cutting edge on air and digital marketing tools and client solutions
- Support from our corporate digital sales teams (Gray Digital Media and LocalX)
- Work with out-of-the-box thinkers who push the envelope with creative ideas
- Love marketing high profile local and network sports opportunities
If that gets your engine running, then we want you on our team!!
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving their budgeted television and digital advertising revenue goals and works closely with the entire WCTV sales team to prospect, develop, close and maintain advertising accounts. The AE identifies clients’ needs and recommends effective marketing solutions, integrating traditional television advertising with digital tools and new media platforms. New business development and growing existing clients are the primary areas of focus. The AE reports to the Local Sales Manager.
- Exceed or at a minimum achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Initiate, cultivate and maintain WCTV advertising client relationships.
- Secure new Local Direct advertising business for WCTV and our related properties
- Service and grow existing accounts through the use of creative ideas, special opportunities, and a professional consultative selling approach
- Cultivate positive, long term working relationships with clients, key decision makers, advertising agencies and media buyers
- Have a strong working knowledge of marketing concepts along with a detailed understanding of television and digital media advertising methods and strategies.
- Have a firm understanding of the Tallahassee-Thomasville-Valdosta competitive media market.
- Be proficient in all software utilized for daily business (including, but not limited to: Wide Orbit Media Sales, Wide Orbit Traffic, Microsoft Office products, comScore Station View Essentials, etc.)
- Be prepared for all meetings (internal with management and external with clients)
- Meet all client and management deadlines
- Present yourself in a professional and respectful manner as a representative of WCTV and Gray Television
- Ensure all orders are processed correctly and match what was ordered/approved
- Ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion and billing does not roll over into past due status.
- Be prepared for bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with station management to review billing and budgetary goals on all WCTV platforms.
Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOP) in regard to:
- log/copy deadlines
- internal paperwork procedures
- Production department requirements and deadlines
- Accounting department procedures and deadlines
- Bring station management on face to face calls with your top revenue clients
- Be a team player – respect, encourage and assist your fellow co-workers
- Keep office and desk area neat and organized
- Proven track record of sales success in local media (broadcast TV preferred).
- Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- A team player with the ability to create, build and nurture business relationships.
- Must handle multiple projects, prioritize and complete specific tasks on time.
- Confident personality with a strong sense of urgency and a winning attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- BS/BA degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work experience
If you qualify, please apply at
Must have clean driving record and a drug screening is required for employment. Gray Television participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.