Continuing Coverage: COVID-19 in South Georgia
Below you can find the number of coronavirus cases in our local South Georgia counties. This story will be updated with new information daily.
If you see any information that is missing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of Friday’s 2:50 p.m. update from the Georgia Department of Health, there are 209,004 cases of COVID-19 statewide.
Additionally, DPH is reporting 4,117 coronavirus deaths in Georgia and a 11.4% positivity rate for the day.
Below is the number of cases reported by the DPH in our local counties.
- Berrien - 281
- Brooks - 391 (18 deaths)
- Clinch - 188 (four deaths)
- Colquitt - 1,532 (22 deaths)
- Cook - 426 (six deaths)
- Decatur - 750 (10 deaths)
- Echols - 220 (two deaths)
- Grady - 453 (five deaths)
- Lanier - 214 (four deaths)
- Lowndes - 3,114 (40 deaths)
- Miller - 135
- Mitchell - 642 (41 deaths)
- Seminole - 185 (five deaths)
- Thomas - 1,084 (42 deaths)
The State of Georgia says there are 2,504 positive cases and six deaths in the state but it is not known which county to assign them to.