By: WCTV Eyewitness News
August 12, 2019
FRANKLIN COUNTY, Fla. — The Franklin County Sheriff's Office says it is working with the U.S. Attorney's Office and the Drug Enforcement Administration to arrest Johnny Lee Jones, who they say is "a menace to society."
Jones failed to meet with his federal probation officer Monday morning and has a warrant for distribution of a controlled substance, the sheriff's office says.
Jones' criminal record dates back to April 1982.
Here's a list of his charges:
- Burglary with assault and battery
- Grand larceny of $100,000 or more
- Dealing in stolen property
- Robbery with firearm
- Multiple sale of cocaine and crack
- Criminal mischief and damage of property
- Attempt to escape while on furlough
- Domestic violence
- Sex offense against a child under 16
- Assault on a police officer
- Resisting with violence
- Threats against public officials
- Fleeing or attempting to elude police
- Improper exhibit of firearm in public
- Cultivation of cannabis
- Displaying or possession of fake ID
- Assault with deadly weapon charges
"Jones is a menace to society," the sheriff's office says. "He has continued to sell drugs while on federal probation and has no regard for law enforcement or the safety of those representing the law."
Copyright 2019 WCTV. All rights reserved.