'Freak accident' sparks junkyard fire in Georgia

By  | 

By: WCTV Eyewitness News
November 8, 2017

SPARKS, Ga. (WCTV) -- A junkyard in Sparks, Georgia went up in flames Tuesday afternoon.

According to the Sparks Fire Chief, a propane tank at Vickers & Sons ignited after being hit by a piece of heavy construction equipment. Witnesses said “the fire took off like a missile,” and didn’t go out for over four hours.

The Sparks Fire Department, Pine Valley Fire Department, and Lenox Fire Department helped extinguish the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The fire chief is calling the incident a “freak accident."

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus