Microwave sparks fire in Suwannee County

By  | 

By: Aubrey Brown | WCTV Eyewitness News
March 7, 2018

LIVE OAK, Fla. (WCTV) -- Crews with Suwannee County Fire Rescue responded Tuesday to a possible fire at a home on 120th Street.

According to SCFR, the homeowner had turned off power to the residence to make some repairs. When they turned the power back on, they noticed a burning smell and smoke coming from the microwave.

Crews determined the fire was out and removed the microwave from the home. They do not know how the microwave became energized after the power was turned back on.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus