NEWS - Morning/Noon Anchor - MMJ
WCTV Eyewitness News, the dominant #1 station in North Florida & South Georgia, is searching for a Weekday Morning / Noon Anchor. You’ll be expected to perform on-air, on social media, and online. But even more important—you’ll join a team of seasoned anchors who are newsroom leaders, and are driven by helping others excel as journalists.
Our anchors are story tellers. It’s not demanded; it’s who we are, and the culture your future co-workers established. The right candidate will be a MMJ, helping establish best story-telling practices. Our newsroom is focused on delivering emotionally centered stories driven by memorable characters and video.
We are in search of a community leader who believes in service to others. As a legacy station, you’ll connect with our viewers in ways you’d never imagine. You should value relationships, allowing you to make a story pitch long before the news release.
As a digital first newsroom, we expect you to get social traction well before the tally light goes on at 5a, and engage your colleagues and viewers throughout your air shift. You’ll thrive on continuing the digital conversation long after the newscast ends.
A clean read, and a beaming smile are a must. This is not a job for beginners. You’ll be expected to create unscripted memorable moments every morning. Prompter readers need not apply, as you’ll need poise and gravitas at all times.
This position offers the opportunity for tremendous growth at a top station, and a great company.
- Anchor multiple hours of award-winning morning coverage.
- Collaborate with Producers, and Copy Edit newscasts before airtime.
- Work with management and web staff to implement a digital and social media strategy.
- Plan content for future days’ broadcast.
- Shoot, write and edit promotable stories for newscasts across all dayparts.
- Generate story ideas and building local contacts.
- Fill in for other anchors as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years as a MMJ in a television newsroom.
- 2+ years anchoring in a commercial television newsroom.
- Demonstrated track record of compelling live reporting, including breaking, planned and feature coverage.
- BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
- Knowledge of North Florida, South Georgia communities, issues, and coverage opportunities.
- A valid driver`s license, good driving record and proof of insurability.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WCTV’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.