North Tallahassee home a total loss following Sunday fire
October 31, 2016
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- A north Tallahassee home is a total loss following an early Sunday morning fire.
According to the Tallahassee Fire Department, crews responded to the home in the 1100 block of Ox Bottom Road around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
The home was almost fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived and took several hours to extinguish.
Everyone was able to make it out of the home and no injuries were reported, according to firefighters.
TFD officials say the fire is believed to be accidental and appears to have been started by coals that had been left unattended from a fire behind the house. Total damage is estimated at $475,000.
The State Fire Marshal's Office continues to investigate.