Senior Morning Producer
WCTV is searching for a Senior Producer to lead our morning producing team. You'll know the mechanics of producing compelling, happening-now newscasts, and will work side-by-side with veteran journalists. S/he will be responsible for producing the most watched hour, and help coordinate content and treatments across three hours of morning programming
As a newsroom, we break news on our website, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. As a Senior Producer, you’ll be rolling up your sleeves to help us achieve success. This position requires an overnight schedule, and could include shifts during the weekend and holidays.
One more thing: This is more than show-stacking. To qualify, you must demonstrate you know producing basics. You’ll also need to understand writing for the ear versus the eye, and how to write to your video. You must know how to select stories, stack a rundown, and time in the booth. And yes, you’ll be expected to craft copy using active voice and present tense.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Use bullet points & Listed duties):
- Works alongside News Managers, Anchors and Reporter to create and execute newscasts
- Leads a team of producers to deliver on multiple hours of morning news.
- Selects, showcases and writes local, regional, national and international content for presentation.
- Makes graphics and lower thirds for all stories, and edits video.
- Collaborates with Showcase Anchor to stage breaking news, trending and features stories.
- Writes copy for web and edits video for playback
- 1-2 years producing experience in a commercial newsroom required
- Demonstrated ability to write for both the ear and the eye
- Understanding of contemporary showcasing techniques, including maps, lower thirds, and text over video
- Knowledge of video editing and scripting software
- Working knowledge of web and social platforms
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.