By: Fletcher Keel | WCTV Eyewitness News
December 6, 2018
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Fire Department responded Thursday morning to a second-story fire in the 1800 block of Ivy Lane.
Around 11:38 a.m., the Consolidated Dispatch Agency received reports of a structure fire and when units from stations 1, 3 and 4 arrived on scene, they were met with smoke coming from a second-story residence.
Officials say firefighters entered the smoke-filled home and located the fire coming from beneath the dryer. Crews extinguished the fire and made sure no one was inside.
TFD says the cause of the fire was determined to be from a faulty dryer and said damage is estimated at $8,000. No injuries were reported.