Tallahassee Fire Dept. says candle sparked house fire

By  | 

By: Amy Robinson | WCTV Eyewitness News
January 26, 2018

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Fire Department says a residential fire that broke out early Thursday morning was started by a candle.

Officials say the Consolidated Dispatch Agency received a 911 call at 4:55 a.m., reporting a structure fire in the 400 block of Teal Lane.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find light smoke coming from the roof of the home. Crews quickly extinguished the blaze.

No injuries were reported and the resident refused assistance from the Red Cross.

Damage to the home was estimated at $30,000.

TFD was assisted at the scene by the Tallahassee Police Department, Tallahassee Utilities, and Leon County EMS.

This marks the second residential fire that TFD crews responded to in less than 24 hours.