Tripadvisor releases the world's top 10 "quirkiest hotels"
August 25, 2018
NEEHAM, Mass (WCTV) -- Tripadvisor, the travel planning and booking site, announced Saturday 10 of the world’s quirkiest hotels, ranked according to the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings from the past year.
For travelers who want to look beyond the conventional hotel room, TripAdvisor revealed the highly-rated weird and wonderful hotels around the globe.
“Booking a stay at one of these outlandish hotels is sure to give friends and family a serious case of FOMO. From a giant beagle-shaped inn to a spherical treehouse, these unique hotels are for travelers that want an experience that’s truly out of the ordinary,” said Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor.
The ten hotels are as follows:
1) Spitbank Fort, Portsmouth, U.K. - from $642 per night.
2) Dog Bark Park Inn, Cottonwood Idaho, U.S. - from $132 per night.
3) Free Spirit Spheres, Vancouver Island, Canada - from $176 per night.
4) Skylodge Adventure Suites, Urubamba, Peru - from $405 per night.
5) La Villa Cheminee de Tatzu Nishi, Nantes, France - from $114 per night.
6) The Aurora Express, Fairbanks, Alaska, U.S. - from $176 per night.
7) SiloStay, Little River, New Zealand - from $159 per night.
8) Kumbuk River Eco-Extraordinaire, Buttala, Sri Lanka - from $186 per night.
9) Treehouse Lodge, Paraiso, Peru - from $614 per night.
10) La Balade des Gnomes, Durbuy, Belgium - from $144 per night.