Valdosta Fire Department responds to hotel fire
June 2, 2019
VALDOSTA, Ga. (WCTV) -- The Valdosta Fire Department responded to an early-morning fire Sunday at a four-story hotel.
Crews arrived to the hotel at 1003 North St. Augustine Street just after 4:30 a.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters found that the sprinkler system on the fourth floor of the building had extinguished the small kitchen fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.
Fire crews remained on scene to assist water removal personnel.