WCTV MMJ Journalist/Thomasville, Georgia Bureau
WCTV, the dominant #1 CBS Affiliate in North Florida and South Georgia, is searching for our next Thomasville Bureau Reporter. Thomasville is an important community for our station; we strive to bring on a journalist who can produce lead stories developed from strong sources.
As a newsroom, we believe in big, showcased coverage on our broadcast and digital platforms, and so should you. At WCTV Eyewitness News, we break news on our website, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. Every day, our journalists produce memorable moments, with targeted content featuring unforgettable characters and unprecedented access. Give our live stream a watch before you apply, you’ll see what we mean. If you have what it takes, you’ll be working with industry veterans with valuable market experience.
This is an opportunity for a self-starter, who is a quick thinker and adept at emerging technology. Our reporters and anchors are selfless, becoming part of the community by giving back. Most days, you'll work on exclusive stories as an MMJ. You'll also have opportunities to travel to Tallahassee to produce stories at the station. The right candidate will be quick on their feet, bring copy to life, and master social media.
- Generate story ideas and build local contacts
- Shoot & edit daily content for newscasts and website
- Collaborate with Producing and Technical Staff to make stories as compelling and clean as possible.
- Operate portable live units, and conduct live shots from the field
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience.
- A valid driver`s license, good driving record and proof of insurability.
- Experience reporting as a MMJ in a commercial newsroom helpful
Please apply online at
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.