· 2 cups flour
· 1 ½ cups sugar
· 2 tablespoons baking powder
· 1 tablespoon vanilla
· Dash of salt
· 1 egg (optional)
· 1 cup of milk (I choose almond milk but any milk should work)
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 1 cup blueberries (These can be fresh or frozen. If frozen, do not thaw)
Directions· Preheat approximately 3 cups of vegetable oil on medium high heat.
· In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
· Add vanilla, egg, oil and milk. Be sure to add milk a little at a time. Your batter should have a thick consistency but not too thick that it doesn’t slide off spoon. The thicker the batter, the longer it will take to cook and may result in burning on the outside before it is actually done.
· Add blueberries and stir.
· Using a tablespoon, scoop batter and pour in oil. This should create ball shaped puffs.
· As they are cooking, flip so that both sides cook evenly. This should take approximately 5 minutes depending on your stove.
· When done, remove from heat and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Optional: You may opt for a cream cheese dipping sauce. To make, combine 4 oz cream cheese with 1 tablespoon vanilla and 2 cups powdered sugar. Whip until smooth.