• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
• ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
• 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 and ½ cups chocolate toffee pieces
• 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions1. Combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Stir with a whisk. Set aside.
2. Combine melted butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and free of clumps. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
3. Add the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Fold in the chocolate toffee pieces and butterscotch chips.
4. Cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll cookie dough into 1.5 tablespoons-sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
6. Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until lightly brown and just underdone. Cool the cookies on the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
1. The cookies will keep for up to one week stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
2. The dough can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring the dough to room temperature and continue with step 6.
3. Freeze baked cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Freeze unbaked cookie dough balls for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature and bake as directed.