• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup butter
• 1 ½ cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
• 4 tablespoons cinnamon
• ½ cup sugar
• ¼ cup melted butter
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. add cinnamon but don’t mix completely in – as to create a swirl effect.
3. 1st Option: Take a ball of dough the size of a golf ball and roll it approx. 12 inches long. Use a spatula to spread cinnamon paste on inside of dough and begin to roll so the cinnamon is on the inside of the dough. Repeat using remainder of the dough.
4. 2nd Option: Roll entire dough out on a clean surface in rectangle shape – cover the surface with flour to prevent sticking. Spread cinnamon paste over entire rolled dough and roll dough so cinnamon paste is inside. Cut into slices and place on pan.
5. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes and let cool.
Optional: Add pecans and cream cheese icing (4 oz cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoon of vanilla).